Loft Conversion in York
Loft conversion in York and surrounding areas will be an invaluable addition to your home and will increase the value. It is essential to get the basics right from the start and with good planning of the key features such as staircases and windows it can give this type of conversion that extra dimension in terms of style and design.
Every loft conversion has its particular differences and our aim at Project-4 is to use that footprint in creating a room for future generations to enjoy. The majority of lofts in York are convertible regardless and our full planning and building regulations package is designed to give you peace of mind.
- To convert your loft to a habitable living space, certain criteria needs to be met to achieve building regulation and planning permission.
- Planning permission and building regulations are required when alterations to the existing roof line are involved, this can mean either 'dog kennel' dormers, full dormer extension or simply a new roof to accommodate the new living space.
- Planning permission is not required for side and rear elevation dormer/ dog kennel windows
- Building Regulations are a sole requirement for a velux roof light conversion.
- Approved architect plans will be required before work can commence.
Velux loft conversion in York
A Velux loft conversion involves installing Velux windows, or Skylights into the existing roof of your property. There are many advantages with Velux loft conversions, unlike the windows in a Dormer loft conversion or any of the other main types of loft conversions, Velux windows are fitted to the sloping angle of your roof. These Velux windows will allow a much greater amount of light into your completed loft conversion and due to their high level placement will offer the best chance of achieving fantastic views that may be limited with windows fitted in a different type of loft conversion or dormer. As with everything there are so Pros and Cons with a Velux loft conversion which relate directly to the use of Velux windows, these can be seen below:
- Velux windows allow a large quantity or light into a room making it feel spacious and airy.
- Velux windows can be fitted with a thermostat, which will automatically open / close the window when the room reaches a pre-selected temperature.
- Velux windows can be fitted with rain sensors, which will automatically close the window if rain is detected.
- Velux windows can be controlled via a remote, fantastic for high ceiling and children.
Samples of Loft conversions in York by Project 4
A newly finished loft conversion in York by Project 4 that includes bespoke fitted furniture: